CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS GLOBAL THINKING COLLECTION
COVID-19 is a variety of the known coronavirus that is having a great impact on the world. Its consequences are still unpredictable on different levels, but it is certain that humanity is going to be advocated to rethink much of it grounds and purposes. On this basis, countries around the world have the actual need to propose global solutions to the ongoing crisis that may be effective only if they are thought collectively, not within boundaries that keep on isolating us and privileging the individual over the community.
This implies a redesign of the globalization process that is being developed since almost 30 years, not so focused on market economy and finance speculation that had the undesirable consequence of aggravating social inequalities, but on the reaffirmation of a Well-Being oriented State that gives the necessary relevance to public health policy and accelerate the accomplishment of the Sustainable Development agenda 2016-2030.
The needed adjustments to the globalization process imply, also, the reconsiderations of other subjects like the realignment of world leaderships, governability efficiency, the rise of authoritarianisms, the magnitude of the damage done to productive chaining in global value chains, the possibility of a global economy slowdown, the accomplishment of the environmental commitments from the Paris Agreement, in other themes.
Call for contributions
For the reasons exposed, the Centro de Pensamiento Global – CEPEG (Global Thinking Center) from Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia opens this call for book chapters to possible authors and researchers that are interested in contributing with an original chapter for the upcoming title of the Global Thought Collection.
The selection process will be divided in two parts: abstract submission and full texts submissions.
Abstract submission until 30 May 2020
Chapter submission until 30 September 2020
Estimated Book Publication January 2021
Edgar Vieira Posada
Ph.D on Latin America Studies from Université Sorbonne Nouvelle –Paris 3– and Master of International Relations from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá – Colombia. Is the current director of the Centro de Pensamiento Global – CEPG (Global Thinking Center) in Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia (UCC) and the general coordinator of the Grupo de Reflexión sobre Integración y Desarrollo en América Latina y Europa (GRIDALE).
Participation is welcomed from researchers on Globalization, Geopolitics, International Relations, International Economy, History, Epidemiology, Ethics and Bioethics, Biogenetics and Nanomedicine, Global Warming, Artificial Intelligence, Governability and Governance, Macroeconomic Policies, Security and Cybersecurity, Social and Solidarity Economy.
- Background on global pandemics and strategies to confront them.
- Commercial interest in the early production of vaccines against new viruses.
- Development of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pandemics before and after global digitalization.
- Pandemics and artificial intelligence, the Chinese example and occidental delay.
- Results from strategies adopted by Eastern and Western countries in confronting and containing COVID-19.
- Ideological, Political and Economic leadership in a new world order.
- How is it the results against COVID-19 prompts Chinese world leadership.
- Rise of efficient authoritarianism on global governability in decline of Western democracy: the cases of China and Singapore.
- Perspectives on global economy slowdown, adjustments to market economy and the return of Post-Keynesian policies on Well-Being State.
- Effects on the Global Value Chains (GVC) functioning.
- Classic Armamentism versus public health investment.
- Global Warming, its impact on the development of pathogens and the Paris Agreement.
- Strength of mechanisms and multilateral accords towards a new world order.
- Redefinition of integration policies towards a new world order.
- Transition to a solidarity world.
We accept manuscripts in English and Spanish.
Based on the abstract selection, each selected author will submit the full text according to the important dates established. Each chapter will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Authors will be requested of implementing corresponding modifications or corrections required in the process in order to make the publication happen.
Books edited by Ediciones Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia are published in digital (PDF, EPUB2 y EPUB3) and print version. Our digital boos are available on a variety of selling platforms (e-Libro, Amazon, Google, Apple, VLex, and others) and its printed circulation and commercialization is in charge of RedBooks in more than 90 libraries across Colombia. After publication, all of our research books are submitted to a selection process by Book Citation Index (Web of Science). Currently, Ediciones UCC has more than 21 titles on this library.
The abstract must not exceed 1000 words (not counting references) must include:
- Author information (last academic title, institutional affiliation, country, ORCID, e-mail, phone number. For Colombian authors, a link to the CvLAC must be included)
- Purpose of the chapter
- Theoretical perspective of the Author
- Description of subjects and proposed development
- Findings, contribution, conclusion and limitations
Full texts must be 21 to 25 pages, not counting references. Citation style is APA (6th edition). Please check this link for more information.
As an university press with academic purposes, publication process es completely free for the authors, in all of the stages.